Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tell Me...



You were walking on the muddled pavement. 
You wore a smile and I heard you whistling your favorite song while your hands wiggled in your pockets.
It was almost dusk and chilly. 

You stopped by the bus terminal and took a seat. 
Fiddling with your ciggie,flirting with the smoke it created. 
I was on the other side of the street,but I couldn't get near you;
My feet grew heavy that I could not walk to say hello.

Your eyes were froze,it seemed dreamy.
Getting anxious you took another ciggie.
I heard you whispering a name, but the city boomed with much noise bombarding  my ears;
I wonder if it was my name.

The darkness completely engulfed the sweet sun,and the moon struck my eyes.
I could not see you anymore, and my feet were still heavy,becoming numb as the chilly air seeped into my skin.
I could have called your name but there was no voice coming out.

The moon stole my senses, as she rose to the sky.
Then she came to you.
Would I be afraid or not?Tell me cause...
I could not run to you and I am getting numb from outside.












©jenh2011

No comments: