The King and His Queen
Long time ago, you were candid about taking a walk away from downtown.Your favorite was the park along the hilly side. It was green and serene.fallen leaves were scattered around as if preparing a bed for a King and His Queen.We would toss our feet up in the air while we stare at the blue skies til sunset.The birds used to mingle with us in our playful recess.
That was when you would whisper your love into my ears.Then I would wrap my dainty arms around you, tightly as i could.
That was long time ago...now the park was forgotten and old.No birds nor green inhabit it, its serenity was broken into a deafening silence of sadness and grief.Because the past never left you, I know, you cry every time the rustling dead leaves and a lone bird enter your room, and you can not toss your feet up into the air, confined. But you can still whisper your love into my ear, Dear One, then again I would wrap my arms around you.
Bestow me a kiss, before you sleep my King.
©jenh2011
No comments:
Post a Comment